Saturday 14 January 2017

Story 192 Background.

Index of Letters                      Return to Story 192.

                                                                                        Posted by Reshma.
         At a writers meeting a few months back, it was suggested that the European couples from New Zealand would stay with the two younger Indian couples when they visited India for the wedding. Anne’s strategy here was to bring out these two girls by putting them with older, more experienced men. There was also the potential of them being different races and cultures that could be explored as well.
        My sister took the first one where Steve & Sharon stayed with Sairu and Payam. This would eventually expand into three posts and become the great story we all have just enjoyed during December. I took the second story where Peter & Jenny stayed with Kalki and Hamza.
        Now, my brief described them being not as wealthy as others in our stories, also that while Hamza is about 27, Kalki is younger, about 22. It has been suggested that she might be shy and not as confident sexually. Anne also wanted me to include that Hamza now worked for Sarvesh which could be the base for a possible future story. Finally, way out in the future, there will be some stories concerning Jenny’s twins and Amita’s boy Steven when they grow up. That scene at the end was included in continuing developing this theme.

        I remember when I first got involved in the Letters Writers Team that I had only ever had one partner and I was much as Kalki might have been, shy and lacking confidence in my sexual ability. So in writing here, I was able to draw from my own experiences with new sexual partners.
        I also wanted Peter to overcome her shyness with some joking and teasing too. Later, I wrote that Hamza noticed a big change in their lovemaking too with Kalki becoming a lot more assertive and confident in their lovemaking. Also, something that happened with my husband and I, too. He says I'm more bossy now. Ha! Ha! Of course, I know all of you won't believe that.

        So once again, as has happened so often in this blog, we have a story, built around and based on reality. In this case, it is my reality being woven into the words of a fantasy, fictional story. 

Index of Letters                      Return to Story 192.

No comments:

Post a Comment