Monday 4 April 2016

Story 181 Part One Background

Index of Letters                      Return to Story 181 Part One.

                                                                                                                                  Posted by Reshma.
         Soon after this story had been assigned to me at a Writer’s Meeting, Ayaka sent me an e-mail outlining goals my story had to achieve. Basically all I had to do was put the girls Hansini and Amita on a trip to New Zealand with Jeevan and get them from India to Auckland. Then as an afterthought she added, “Oh they might have some fun in Singapore. Naughty Girls!”

        So with that I set to work. In my last Singapore story I had used the theme word “Cheeky!” a number of times during interaction between Jeevan and Katrina. It became a running joke between them through that story. (Story 161 Singapore Stopover) With this story Ayaka's e-mail gave me the theme words and title, ‘Naughty Girl.’

       Again the story was set against a tight deadline but I thought I had a good chance of achieving it. Things went well at first but then came Ayaka’s wedding followed by a busy weekend over Easter. My story stalled. I’d lost my momentum and couldn’t get going again. A few days ago Ayaka rang me and suggested we let Anne and Susan have a go with it.

      Saturday morning I found an e-mail saying my story was finished. I opened it up to find blue (Anne) and red (Susan) corrections and whole sections of additions all through it. I spent Sunday going through making some minor changes, confirming and turning their coloured parts to black. Yes I’m happy with this story now. It’s so long we’ve decided to cut it into two parts, the first being published this week and the second will probably be published next week.   


Index of Letters                      Return to Story 181 Part One

No comments:

Post a Comment