Friday 21 March 2014

Story 88 Background.

                                                                               Posted by Rajah.

        This is the story we used to launch a new volume of adventures at the resort on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. It was first started by Susan but she lost interest in it, leaving it half-finished, so Anne asked if I wanted to complete it. I had to read what was said in the next few stories so my one here would blend in with them. I also got Anne and Shandra to check it over to make sure everything was OK. 

        Now as I said above the basic purpose of this story is to open up a new set of adventures, therefore we needed to achieve a few things. First, we needed to get everyone to the resort then secondly, we needed to set the scene by describing the resort in some detail. This would become a base for the other writers to build their stories on.
        There were some important points, which I needed to include. One was Mike meeting Katrina. In her story about Katrina, Shandra had already written how he lifted Katrina completely off her feet. So a version of that had to be included here. Then I needed to describe how the resort was divided into two different sections, a nude and a non-nude area. I had to mention something about the cruises going out to the main reef, particularly the Nude Cruise.  Finally, I had to mention that they had adult shows at the resort as well. This all sets the scene for future stories.
        Later we worked out a possible arrangement of rooms and I described how they occupied an entire top floor of one building. This was useful as it meant they could move between rooms with little or no clothing if they wished. It also meant they had a special room where all the kids could sleep together, an important requirement, particularly for one of the later stories. 

         As you can see, I really didn’t get to put much of my own story here. It was more a case of using ideas from other stories to build an introduction for this volume of the Letters Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment