Thursday 27 March 2014

Story 89 Background.

                                                                               Posted by Shandra.
  
       When I wrote this section of Katrina’s Story, I never intended it to be a separate section. Recently, during a rebuild of the first half of this volume, it was split off into its own story.
         I had two goals to achieve when writing this section: - First, I wanted to tell the story of how Katrina travelled to the resort on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, but tell it through Katrina’s eyes. Secondly, I wanted to describe how she meets Mike. 

         A week before it was published it was moved up four places so suddenly I discovered I had a story that I was sure wouldn’t be ready. Anne and I looked at it on Tuesday and Anne said it’s a pity we couldn’t get something a bit more sexy into it. I agreed to see what I could do in only a few days. Tuesday evening Susan suggested a new story line concerning Amita and two European guys. Since we were already in the opening stories there was no time for her to write one so she gave the idea to me if I wanted it. 
         Most of the day Wednesday I worked on it. Thank you, Ayaka for cleaning the waste water plant for me and getting me off milking duty. That was so good of you giving me that time to work on this story. By Thursday it was obvious I wasn’t going to make Friday morning so Anne made a quick decision, my story was swapped position with Rajah's story, the one which has been published as Story 88. She did some amount of editing on both stories to get a smooth fit.
        The result was that I was able to do a major rebuild and now the story has doubled in size, with a new, much sexier ending. It has been improved to the point where I am now happy to publish. On Katrina's Page we will be dividing this into two sections but here it will remain as one. 

         So go to the story and see what ending I came up with. I think it’s a bit funny and certainly sexy. It takes Katrina another step forward too. At the time she was shocked and totally embarrassed but see what she felt about it afterwards when she got back to her bedroom.  

         Well, here is the result. Hope you fans of Katrina like it.
              (Note I accidentally used my husband's sign-in when up-loading this story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment