Tuesday 3 April 2012

Letter 9 Background


Index of Letters.                      Return to Story 9.



Hello from Anne.
            So as the Letters Series continues we now come to the next letter Shanti sent to Joseph. In this letter, she includes a story and three photos. First the photos – these are the next three of the Red Sari Series which now show Shanti having removed her outer sari. Not being sure how a sari was put on I had to get advice from Shandra on this. She came over to my house with two of her saris and as she put one on herself, she helped me put the other one on too. Being Japanese, I have never worn an Indian sari before so it was fun to try and it gave me enough knowledge to write about taking one off.

            This was probably one of the most debated stories in the whole series. You see, some of us wanted it included and others wanted it completely removed from the Letter’s books. There are two good reasons why it should have been removed:-
            First, this story was based on a story we didn’t actually write. When I was looking for an idea to create a story for Shanti to send to Joseph, our friend Susan came up with one she had been given by a friend called Kevin. You will see more about this writer on our writer’s page. Kevin gave us two stories, (Letter 9 (the one) and Letter 26) but when you compare these you can see two very different writing styles. Susan tells us that Kevin used to read a lot of men’s magazines and so we suspect these two stories might have come from there. At the time, since we had no intention of ever publishing Letters we decided to just use it with a work over to fit our other letters.
            Since then this story has been reworked and modified several times. Now it is over twice as long as the original and changed a lot too. We are not really sure how much of the original story remains now.

            Secondly, we don’t really like the way it reads. It sounds so childish to us now, like it was written by two very inexperienced and immature teenagers. In the end, Rajah, Shandra's husband, came to the rescue of the story by saying, of course, it sounds like immature teenagers because that is what you both were back then. Good point. So I suppose in that way the story “Free Show at the Beach” probably fits in well with our early letters anyway.
            The subject of this story was hot stuff for us back then. The thought of having to walk around on a public beach completely nude was way out in the world of fantasy for us. I had a bikini, a very modest one I must add, and I did wear it on the beach. As for going naked on a public beach, no way! I wasn’t even bold enough to take my top off and bare my little teenage breasts back then.

            One last interesting point came right at the end of the letter where Shanti announces that she and Mike are about to get married. There was a purpose behind this change. Shandra and I decided that since the letters were now being written by two couples it was better that Mike and Shanti were together like Joseph and Lizamoa. At first, we considered them living together but then we knew an Indian family would be strongly against their daughter living with a guy so the best outcome was for them to just get married.
            Since this is a series of sexy stories we decided there was no need to do a story on their wedding. Since they were also in a sexual relationship, there was no need for a honeymoon story either. So the wedding was just mentioned by both couples.

            Kia Kaka - Kia Kaha.
                  Be safe - Be strong.
                        Anne.

Index of Letters.                      Return to Story 9.



7 comments:

  1. Yes, I must admit that the base of this story came from a copy of Mayfair men's magazine. I made a lot of changes and you girls did too. I'd say about 50% of the original story is left.
    Sorry about this but when I gave you the stories there was no intention of publishing. Then Susan "kicked my arse" and I lost contact with you guys. I also moved to the UK and married a girl here.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clearing that up Kevin. We always thought that might be the case. Looks like you need another kick in the arse for that. LOL
    Anyway, say hi to your lovely wife and make sure you visit us when you are here in February.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the above. Ha! Ha!

    We would love to see you and your wife Sarah. It's her first time visiting New Zealand so let's makr sure she enjoys our country.
    Anne.

    PS - Who knows. Sarah might think you need your arse kicked too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin and I would love to stay at your farm Anne. I looking forward to meeting all of you. I also get to meet one of his old girl friends too, if Susan is OK with that.
    And feel free to kick his ass if you feel he needs it. Be my guest. HaaHaa.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're most welcome Sarah. Just let us know dates ASAP.
    Do you think Kevin deserves a kick in the arse?
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah & Kevin,
    I have no problems with you guys coming to stay. I only want to be sure you are fine with it Sarah.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Susan,
    I am especially looking forward to meeting you, Susan. I've heard a lot about you.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete