Tuesday 5 December 2023

Story 298 Background


Index of Letters.                      Return to Story 298.



Hello from Julie.
            This is a story told by a new member of the Letters Sexy Group. Rachael is the daughter of new members, Simon and Deanna. Like her parents, she joined as a full sexual member. When she helped her mother (Deanna) with a story, some suggested Rachael could try one of her own.
            You will notice that Rachael's writing is not so well organised, she backtracks and repeats herself a few times, and strays from her story at other times. While she struggles to keep teenage girl slang out few still creep in. But she did follow Shanti's advice and included links to other related stories. You will also notice that in a few places, details don't agree with the stories before and after her story. It looks like writing a few months later meant she had forgotten certain details and she didn't know to confirm with other stories being written.
            Yes, some of these were real mistakes but others were purposely added in. We think it adds some extra realism to our writing.

Hello from Nina.
            There were two meetings that afternoon at Anne's farm. My husband Raymond and I were there. In the first meeting, I sat listening to Raymond and those writers discussing a new section of Allan Sr's Science Fiction story. Raymond had some parts to work on there. Next, they moved to Anne's blog and I was asked if I would like to try a story myself. When I said yes, they gave me this one. It is a one-off story fitting in with the period between the Rotorua Trip and the Camping trip.
            Anne told me to try myself and they would help if I needed. So, I got off to a good start and I was happy with my work but then I began to stall. I talked with Anne again and she said she would get someone to help. Two days later, Julie rang me and we arranged for Raymond and I to go over to visit them. After the four of us, Julie and Brian; Raymond and I read what I had written and had a brainstorming session, Julie and I began to write. The story was roughly completed two weeks later and then I had another couple of months to rework, change and improve some sections. Here it is complete, my first story.

            Kia Kaka - Kia Kaha.
                  Be safe - Be strong.
                        Nina and Julie.

Index of Letters.                      Return to Story 298.



3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize your email notification was still working. I've been waiting for a while for this story to be published.
    Raymond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anne now uses our system. That way we both get everyone. It is probably you you are suddenly getting Emails again. They are slack over here, not like in our SF blog.
      Allan

      Delete
  2. Good to see a new writer's work. I like your style though it looks like you got some help from more senior writers. I think you showed Rachael was being different to Riya. Where Riya is bold, Rachael is a bit shy. It probably didn't help to discover she was to be the plaything of a married couple when she was expecting to be with only a man.
    It wasn't an even match between her and Ian either. But in the end, I think she did OK. Well, she must have enjoyed it because she willingly stayed on for a second night with them.
    Sayako.

    ReplyDelete