Friday 26 July 2013

Letter 60 Background

Index of Letters            Return to Letter 60

                                                                        Posted by Allan.
Hi, Allan here.
        The final part of the journey through India covers a lot of places and a lot of attractions. When I first wrote this I just included the names of some of the places. I was more interested in completing the story rather than building in lots of detail. More recently we decided that more detail might make it seem that the story had been written by someone who had actually been there so I reworked the story adding more attractions and more detail on many of the places mentioned.
         More recently we had a friend over for dinner who had been travelling through this area and of course, Shandra had been there as well so I have been able to add some ideas I got from them too.

         When I started writing there was nothing to base this story on except they were in Ooty and they had to meet their flight in New Delhi with a visit to The Taj Mahal along the way. Since I was left with such an open brief, pretty much everything I wrote had to be invented as I went along. One guideline I did have was that the final arrangements for the trip were made by Sarvesh.
         Sarvesh was a wealthy businessman who had travelled a lot, both throughout India and overseas. The idea of him organising the touring was that he would come up with something completely different to you normal organised package tour. This is why we choose places like the Perijar Tiger Reserve, the Kerala Backwaters and Ooty. I also found some interesting attractions I would love to visit such as the Jantar Mantar, a collection of fourteen major architectural astronomical instruments set up as an observatory.
        The story ends when the group split up in Delhi with the Indian group returning to South India and New Zealand group flying out to Singapore. 

         We did manage to add in a little bit of sexy adventure with another partner swapping night. We were intending to build this into another story or even set of stories but this never happened. Later when we came up with the idea of the whole group meeting again at an adult resort we came back and added in the final lunch together where Sarvesh makes a toast and proposal to arrange another holiday together.

Index of Letters            Return to Letter 60

No comments:

Post a Comment