Thursday 5 June 2014

Story 99 Part A Background.


                                                                Posted by Rajah & Reshma.

Hi, Reshma here.
        I have known about my sister’s stories for a long time but I didn’t realise until they began publishing them what a big project this was. When I was 16, I got involved in one of their early adventures when I joined them for a nude beach holiday. You can read more about this holiday on the page called Brian’s Page. (See the Index Bar above)
        When I began reading their stories published online, being a schoolteacher, I began spotting silly mistakes in their work. I would email my sister with my comments until finally, they gave me my own password to go in and fix them myself. These days their correction process is much robust and they don’t seem to leave so many.
        One day when we were staying up at the farm, Anne invited me to look at one of their stories she was getting ready to publish. I pointed out a few things that could be improved and she created a copy and left me to make the changes. The result of this was that my husband and I did an extensive rewrite of the story, their version was dropped in favour of our new one. (See Letter 43)
         This led to me becoming much more involved in the writing side of the project until finally I began writing a story of my own. The problem was that ideas weren’t coming and I was struggling to make any progress. 

Rajah here.
         Reshma was having trouble getting started on her story so she pulled me in to help her. It was a story about getting together with a group on a smaller island for some group sex. We completed a lot of it but it really wasn’t working. It didn’t fit well with the rest of the Resort stories so finally, Anne put us out of our misery by pulling the plug on it at a writers meeting.
         That same meeting Susan stepped into things and suggested a new theme for us. This was Peter and Jenny getting together with Mega and Brian. Sort of like a parallel story to the one Kim and Ayaka had just completed, Story 92  Four by Four-some.’
         We started into this and it was going well. Since we had a late start it was obvious we were going to miss our publishing deadline putting it in with the girl’s story, so our story got pushed back towards the end of the Resort stories. This meant we needed to develop sections of our story to blend in with the end of Shandra’s story about Katrina and the story about Steve and the two Indian girls, Amita and Hansini. Anne and Shandra helped us with this. 

Reshma again,
         Once we finished, the story went through the same reading, editing process as all the other stories do and many minor changes were made. Finally, we have come to the day when Rajah will push the button and our first story will be published. Hope you all like it. In the end, we were very happy with it.

         This is Part A, the second section, Part B, will be published next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment